Hotspot Lending Policy
The Pendleton Community Public Library circulates hotspots for patrons needing Internet access for a limited period of time. The intention of the hotspot lending program is to provide access for patrons who are experiencing outages, needing to complete a project assignment, or going to a location where the Internet is not freely available. The hotspot lending program is not intended to provide a subsidy for continual Internet access for any one household.
To insure the availability of hotspots, the following parameters have been adopted.
Twelve of the library’s hotspots are loaned to patrons within the following parameters:
- Hotspots may be checked out by any patron with an account clear of fines and fees.
- Hotspots may be checked out for seven days.
- Hotspots may be placed on hold.
- Hotspots may be renewed one time, provided there are no holds.
- Overdue hotspots will be deactivated by library staff.
- Borrowing privileges will be suspended for six months for patrons who have three overdue hotspot charges on their account. Patrons will be contacted by library staff once they have two overdue hotspots. If hotspot borrowing privileges are lost, the patron will be notified in writing.
- A fine will be charged for hotspots returned in the book drop.
- Hotspots must be returned with the hotspot, charger, instruction card, and case. Items returned with missing parts will incur charges, according to the schedule below.
- Only one hotspot may be checked out or placed on hold for a single household.
Two of the library's hotspots are loaned to patrons according to the policy above, with these changes:
- Hotspots may be checked out for three days.
- Hotspots may not be placed on hold.
- Hotspots may not be renewed.
- Hotspots are checked out for a charge of $2.00.
- All other parameters remain the same as above.
Fine/Fee Schedule for Lost, Damaged or Never Returned Items
Overdue Hotspot — $2.00/day
Damaged or Never Returned Hotspot — $80.00
Hotspot Charger — $20.00
Hotspot Battery — $20.00
Hotspot Case — $5.00
Instruction Card — $2.00
Hotspot Returned in Book Drop — $2.00
Adopted by the Pendleton Community Public Library Board of Trustees
September 13, 2017