The Pendleton Community Library offers public usage of its community room. This room provides seating for up to 100 people or can be divided into two separate rooms, capable of seating 50. The room is equipped with a kitchenette to handle light refreshments. A DVD player, screen, LCD projector and laptop are available for use with advance notice. Internet connections are also available in the room. Groups meeting regularly during the year need only file one agreement form; however, each meeting date must be noted on the form. Reservations for meeting room use may be made in person or by calling 765-778-7527 during regular library hours. Groups requesting specific room setup must fill out a setup sheet and turn it in with their agreement form. Policy, setup and agreement forms are available at the Library's Circulation Desk.
Library programs will take precedence over all over activities. The Pendleton Community Library reserves the right to change, cancel, or revoke reservations for the meeting room at any time, provided that the affected group is given as much advance notice of the change as possible.
Hours of Availability
The library meeting room is available for use during the library's regular operating hours.
Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Meetings may be held outside of regular operating hours for a fee of $20.00/hour. The community room cannot be utilized by outside groups after 10:00 p.m. or before 6:00 a.m. (except for voting). Arrangements for after-hours use of the community room must be made at least one week in advance. Groups using the room after-hours must contain their presence to the community room, lobby area and lobby restrooms. Under no circumstances should a group enter, or attempt to enter, other areas of the library. Doing so may result in a denial of future meeting room privileges. A staff person will be available in the library if assistance is needed.
Meeting rooms are available at no charge to nonprofit groups and individuals in the library district, although donations are welcome. When applicable, hourly fees are to be paid in advance of each meeting.
- Checks should be made payable to the Pendleton Community Library and mailed in advance or given in person to a library staff member at the Circulation Desk prior to use of the meeting room.
- Businesses and commercial groups in the library district may use the meeting room up to two days per month without charge. More than two days' usage will incur a charge of $10.00/hour during library hours.
- Businesses, commercial groups, nonprofit groups, or individuals outside the library district will be charged $10.00/hour for use of the meeting room during regular library operating hours.
- Businesses, commercial groups, or non-profit groups and individuals using the community room may do so provided no products or tickets are sold or freewill offerings taken. Fee-based meetings hosted by non-profit groups offering a public service are allowed with Board approval. Meetings or events that help an individual or commercial entity earn profit are prohibited. Public meetings sponsored by businesses, and not the library, are prohibited. This applies to groups inside and outside the library district.
Use of the community room outside of regular operating hours must be arranged at least one week in advance of the meeting. A charge of $20.00/hour applies for all after-hours usage of the community room.
- Users of the meeting room are expected to adhere to the guidelines and meeting room policies as set forth herein. The library reserves the right to deny future meeting room privileges in the event of inappropriate usage or behavior.
- Meetings and programs are the emphasized purpose of the Community Room; consequently, the room is not available for parties or showers.
- Selling products, charging admission, selling of tickets to attend meetings, and collection of freewill offerings are strictly prohibited.
Food and Beverages
The library meeting room is not designed for full food service, but light refreshments may be served. The library offers usage of a large coffee pot. Coffee, cups, plates, etc. are the responsibility of the users. No full food service should take place in the meeting room; however, exceptions may be made at the discretion of the library administration. Refreshments are restricted to the meeting room only and should not be carried into the lobby or other areas. Absolutely no smoking or alcoholic beverages are permitted.
Groups will be responsible for restoring the room to the condition in which it was found. Excessive clean-up by the library custodian will incur a $10.00 fee. Meeting room users are asked not to affix items to the walls. The organization and its representative assume full responsibility for any damages to the meeting room, fixtures, or library furniture.
Pendleton Community Library should be notified immediately if meeting room use is no longer desired. Please contact the library at 765-778-7527 to cancel the reservation. Those who are "no-shows" or have recurring cancellations may be denied access to future meeting room usage. Reservations for next year will not begin until November of the current year.
Children under the age of 7 must be accompanied by an adult (age 18 or older) in the library. Adults attending meeting must not leave children (under 7) unsupervised in the library, including the children's area.
Parking for the meeting room is provided at the front, side, and rear of the building.
Final decisions pertaining to the use of the room will rest with the Library Director and/or the Pendleton Community Library Board. The Director shall have the right to waive regulations whenever it is in the best interest of the library or the community to do so. The Library Board reserves the right to waive policy rules. Granting use of the room does not imply approval by the library of the group, the meeting, or ideas presented at the meeting. The library assumes no responsibility for personal belongings of persons attending meetings.
Adopted by the Pendleton Community Public Library Board of Trustees
April 11, 2007