Exhibit and Display Policy
Pendleton Community Public Library provides exhibit and display spaces for public use. This Exhibit and Display Policy is developed in accordance with the library's mission, vision and values. Exhibit and display spaces are available to individuals and community nonprofit groups.
This policy only applies to external groups and individuals and does not apply to use by the Library or the Friends of the Library who use the areas for the purpose of promoting the library and its events. The Library has first priority to the display areas and reserves the right to schedule the display areas as it deems necessary and appropriate.
Individuals and groups can reserve space by completing the Exhibit and Display Request Form. Approval of each request is the responsibility of library staff. Approval will be given in writing to the applicant within 5 business days from receipt of the request. Once the request is approved, the library will make every effort to allow for the use of the display space for the timeframe and purpose specified in the application. Space will not be reserved until a completed application is received and approved.
Those reserving exhibit and display spaces are asked to remember that these spaces are public areas readily accessible to library patrons of all ages.
- The library reserves the right to deny requests for any reason and to remove exhibits and displays at any time.
- Direct sale of works on exhibit is not permitted on library property. There shall be no pricing information posted with the works.
- The library makes a reasonable effort to secure display areas, but is not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage that may occur while works are on exhibit.
- Exhibits and displays are limited to no more than 30 days, unless approved by the Library Director.
- Materials with a political agenda or a religious theme may not be posted.
- The individual or group reserving space is required to provide all hardware and supplies for displaying materials and is responsible for installing and removing works by the date of agreement.
- Library staff will not be available to assist with an exhibit or display.
- Both installation and removal must be completed during regular library hours. The individual or group installing the display shall be responsible for any damage caused to the exhibit space while installing or removing the exhibit or display.
- The title of the exhibit and the name of the individual or group that is displaying the items must appear prominently with the exhibit or display.
- Written request for display space must be received one month in advance of the start date.
Click here to download form.
Approved by the Pendleton Community Public Library Board of Trustees
August 13, 2014